Posted by GB on August 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM
On June 8, 2012, it was announced on Twitter by Tara Strong (Raven) and Greg Cipes (Beast Boy) that there would be a spin-off series titled Teen Titans Go! That day was the first day of recording. The only cast member who was missing that day was Hynden Walch (Starfire), who was able to make it to the next recording on the following Friday.
Here is what we know so far about this new series:
- The show will premiere in 2013.
- Each main cast member (Tara Strong, Greg Cipes, Scott Menville, Khary Payton, Hynden Walch) will reprise their roles.
- Teen Titans Go! is not a continuation of Teen Titans. Therefore the events of the first series will not have happened.
- The show will be comedy-based and revolves around character interaction.
- There will be little or no fighting.
- Each episode will feature two 11-minute segments.
- The executive producer is Sam Register, who also produced the original series.
- The other two producers are Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD).
- The characters' personalities (such as with Robin) will be altered slightly for the sake of humor.
- The producers are unsure whether or not Puffy AmiYumi will perform the theme song. They're thinking of using a J-Pop or K-Pop group. As of this summer, they are not far enough into production to make this decision.
- Trigon will make an appearance. He will be voiced by the same actor as before.
- One of the storylines involves a Titan taking the Batmobile to impress a girl.