Air date: February 21, 2004
Scott Menville - Robin
Tara Strong - Raven
Greg Cipes - Beast Boy
Khary Payton - Cyborg
Hynden Walch - Starfire
Tony Jay - Narrator
Catherine Cavadini - Cironeilian Chrysalis Eater
Dee Bradley Baker - Plasmus
Director(s) - Ciro Nieli
Storyboarder(s) - Irineo Maramba, Sam Montes, Scooter Tidwell, Chap Yaep
Writer(s) - Rob Hoegee
Summary: Starfire's body is going through weird changes. A strange bump appears on her forehead, then grows into a horn. She grows claws, fur in strange places, tusks, pointy ears, and more. She feels like a freak. She's worried about confiding in the other Titans for fear that they will think of her as a monster. Humiliated, she flies away to outer space, and the Titans are left to chase after their friend.
- The first appearance of the Cironeilian Chrysalis Eater.
- The Cironeilian Chrysalis Eater is named after director Ciro Nieli.
- When Starfire mentioned she was afraid her condition was caused by possibly having "Steiner mites", this is a reference to producer Linda M. Steiner.
- The guy in the band hat who laughed at Starfire with the others was modeled after producer Glen Murakami.
- Before Starfire ate the fly, it cried, "Help me!" This is a reference to the 1986 remake of The Fly.
- Starfire mentioned that her sister had already gone through the Transformation. Blackfire used her eyebeams in episode "Sisters".
- Starfire did not have eyebeams until this episode. However, she first used them in the previous episode "Date With Destiny".
- Apparently the huge Tower has the space for only one bathroom for five residents.
- In the earlier episode "How Long Is Forever", it was shown that Starfire gets cold in the snow. In "Snowblind" in season five, she wore her attire in freezing-cold Siberia when all the other Titans—even Cyborg—were bundled in warm clothes. In this episode, Starfire traveled through space, where the temperatures are far below the snowy conditions on earth, and showed no signs of physical discomfort.